Saturday, March 19, 2011

Slice of Life Post Day 19- March 19

"Saturday is a special day it's the day we get ready for Sunday."
I frequently reflect on this childhood Primary song.  Funny, must have always sung it on Sunday, but it's lesson has pervaded.  The truth however is that "Saturday is a special day when I try and squeeze in all my adult responsibilities and still do things for fun."
I think Saturday was more special when I was a kid.  Responsibility adds independence and a certain type of joy to life, but I sometimes wish for the type of joy attached to childhood naivete to the world's responsibilites.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. It's more than getting ready for Sunday, now, isn't it? And I agree with you on your note on the wiki, too: I will miss the SOLS, too!

    ReplyDelete